Exploring Ivan Doig: A Discussion Series
The MSU Library and Country Bookshelf invite local readers to join us for Exploring Ivan Doig: A Discussion Series. Each month from May through November we will hold a community discussion of a book by beloved Montana author Ivan Doig. We will begin with Whistling Season on Wednesday, May 10th, at the Country Bookshelf in downtown Bozeman. See below for the full schedule.
We look forward to hearing readers’ responses to Doig’s work and the Montana stories of his readers at these monthly discussions. Additionally, we will feature items from the MSU Library’s Ivan Doig Archive appropriate to each title, including unpublished documents, letters, photos, and sounds.
This series complements several Doig-centered events forthcoming in 2017:
- A fair exhibit, Ivan Doig: Voices and Vistas, will bring the writer’s works and life to the 2017 Big Sky Country State Fair, July 19-23, at the Gallatin County Fairgrounds in Bozeman. This large, interactive exhibit is sponsored by the MSU Library, MSU College of Arts & Architecture, Country Bookshelf, and the Yellowstone Writing Project.
- A symposium, Doig Country: Imagining Montana and the West, will be held in Bozeman September 14-16, 2017, sponsored by the Center for Western Lands and Peoples at Montana State University, the MSU College of Letters and Science, the MSU Library, and the Bozeman Public Library, and will be free to the public.
Schedule of Exploring Ivan Doig: A Discussion Series
All discussions start at 7pm at Country Bookshelf. Everyone is welcome to any or all of the discussions.
- May 10 (WED): Whistling Season
- June 7 (WED): Winter Brothers
- July 13 (THU): English Creek
- August 9 (WED): Prairie Nocturne
- September 13 (WED): This House of Sky
- October 11 (WED): Heart Earth
- November 8 (WED): Last Bus to Wisdom
If you are interested in receiving email reminders about this series, please contact Jan Zauha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Press Releases & News
Discussion series about Ivan Doig books co-hosted by MSU Library (Belgrade News)
Explore Ivan Doig at Country Bookshelf (Get Out)